About Me

I started sailing aged 10 with my Local Sea Scouts, 1st Sandleheath, in a clapped out 420 and some pico's. I bought a topper (21050) at age 13 and sailed it at Spinnaker Sailing club Ringwood. Now I'm 6ft and 70 kilos so I thought a new challenge is in order, after floating in a N12 for a season. I'm buying 455 and this is just how I get on I guess... Enjoy

Why 300?

Why 300?

-For a new challenge
-Something Different
-To compete, at least on the water, with Phantoms
-For some Fun
-It's fast, the fastest thing I can sail at spinnaker Sc
-For some competitive racing in class events

Saturday 19 February 2011

MY BOAT!

Today was the big day, I'm now officially skint as shit! But I hope it's worth it.

Dad and I left on our collection expedition around 1 ish this afternoon and after an uneventful trip arrived near Chichester to collect the boat. The chap I bought it from then was very nice in that he talked me through how to set the whole boat up, which clarified a few of the issues I had, as well as giving me a few tips.

From everything I've gathered sailing the 300 is all about kicker and Balance, Kicker I can handle. However my balance is appalling so I have a feeling I have a rather steep and wet learning curve coming up.

We packed the boat up and headed home, only to find that the handles of the trolley came perilously close to the spare tire on the back of the land rover once it was hitched, this coupled with the U.K.'s beautifully smooth road surface lead to me being on tender hooks all the way home.

After an hour or so we made it and it is all locked up ready to go sailing on Monday!

The first picture I have of it:

No comments:

Post a Comment