About Me

I started sailing aged 10 with my Local Sea Scouts, 1st Sandleheath, in a clapped out 420 and some pico's. I bought a topper (21050) at age 13 and sailed it at Spinnaker Sailing club Ringwood. Now I'm 6ft and 70 kilos so I thought a new challenge is in order, after floating in a N12 for a season. I'm buying 455 and this is just how I get on I guess... Enjoy

Why 300?

Why 300?

-For a new challenge
-Something Different
-To compete, at least on the water, with Phantoms
-For some Fun
-It's fast, the fastest thing I can sail at spinnaker Sc
-For some competitive racing in class events

Thursday 24 February 2011

Exploration of the Subsurface Environment.

I have recently Purchased a Vehicle which seems to be designed with the exploration of the Subsurface Environment in mind. Or rather to put it a lot more bluntly: SWIMMING! Although I haven't done the classic nose dive yet I hear from the forums that it is a certainty for which I cannot wait, It's always a bit of fun on a warm summers day cold winters evening to have an explore of the under water landscape or at the seaside.

Having only sailed the boat in less than 12 knots so far I haven't experienced a proper capsize either however, even though I think I'm starting to improve (in terms of handling the boat anyway) so hopefully when I go out at the weekend for racing it wont all end to badly.

It really has taken me by surprise how much work the 300 is to just sail straight in the lighter stuff or in fact, more so in the gusty stuff! Even coming from a N12 the amount you have to dive in and out off the wings astonishes me. More fitness trianing and trips to the Collage gym are definitely in order, hopefully by just before next chirstmas I'll be just about fit enough so sail the boat properly.

No comments:

Post a Comment